Thomas Steiner (@tomayac)

Hamburg, Germany

The below is an off-site archive of all tweets posted by @tomayac ever

June 21st, 2019

yoavweiss @ericlaw If you got people who are looking for good first bugs around Media Queries, I just got one for ya :)..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…eq

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 5:37 PM, Jun 21st, 2019 via Twitter for iPhone)

@jeffposnick I couldn’t get this to run. I see the “You’re offline”, but when I go online again, nothing happens. B..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…E3

via Twitter Web App in reply to jeffposnick

@vfonic @treshugart Who would control/run/own this? The web is decentralized for a reason.

via Twitter Web App in reply to vfonic

@vfonic @treshugart In the simplest form malicious sites could create unique URLs per user they know the digest of..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…hA

via Twitter Web App in reply to vfonic

@TarasNovak @treshugart It’s always a compromise between maximizing cache hit rate and minimizing the risk of peopl..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…4u

via Twitter Web App in reply to TarasNovak

@othermaciej @jeffposnick @firt @webkit Clarifying my language: not “overlap”, but “relationship”. The /search serv..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…sg

via Twitter Web App in reply to tomayac

@treshugart Great in theory, but either way (pull or push) it can be abused for fingerprinting:..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…wt

via Echofon in reply to treshugart

@othermaciej @jeffposnick @firt @webkit Very well aware, which is why I just wrote “notification” in..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…MB

via Echofon in reply to othermaciej

kkrebeccalai I’m constantly amazed by what my colleagues @nytgraphics can pull off. The latest: stitched aerial photography show..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Ry

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 8:11 AM, Jun 21st, 2019 via Echofon)

The biggest mistakes in CSS according to the @csswg:
wiki.csswg.org/ideas/mistakes. This is an interesting compilation o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…NS

via Echofon

Promising results from the Event Timing API (github.com/WICG/event-tim…) Chrome Origin Trial over at Wikipedia. 👍 See..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…b9

via Echofon

@firt @jeffposnick @webkit To be quite honest I don’t know what actually launched publicly 🤷‍♂️. There were a ton o..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…SD

via Twitter for iPhone in reply to firt

n8Schloss Over the past few months Facebook’s made a lot of contributions to the web platform. @djeric3 wrote a great summary..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…IQ

via Twitter Web Client (retweeted on 1:12 AM, Jun 21st, 2019 via Echofon)

@jeffposnick @webkit Epic work, really! Congratulations!
Let me know if I forgot a bug, I’ll happily append to the list…

via Twitter for iPhone in reply to jeffposnick

slightlylate Getting a trace is super simple!

1.) go to: webpagetest.org/easy
2.) paste in URL
3.) select “Mobile - Regular..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…JL

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:53 AM, Jun 21st, 2019 via Echofon)

I rarely say “epic”, but this post by @jeffposnick on rolling out the Google Search service worker is epic!..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…0f

via Echofon

What’s coming next for WebAssembly (second part of the linked post), by ⁦@ThomasTheDane⁩. 😆 blog.chromium.org/2019/06/webass…

via Twitter for iPhone

A great example of documenting why the new Google Earth web app isn’t available on all browsers yet:..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…Et

via Echofon

__treo 📢 We are happy to announce a new open-source tool - Exthouse! 📢

It automatically audits the performance impact of..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…7N

via Twitter Web App (retweeted on 12:10 AM, Jun 21st, 2019 via Echofon)

rowan_m Need to prepare for the SameSite cookie changes? I’ve created github.com/GoogleChromeLa… and updated..twitter.com/i/web/status/1…yK

via TweetDeck (retweeted on 12:08 AM, Jun 21st, 2019 via Echofon)